If you want to know how to change company culture, set aside the usual office morale boosters—yes, even the good ones—and start here instead.
Hint: Unless you nail this trait, all your other workplace-culture efforts will fall flat. But if you pick up this trait and run with it, all your other efforts will take on new strength. And so will you.
- make work more like a pep rally
- give out bigger bonus checks
- solve the so-called millennial crisis
- Get your entire team playing the same song in the same key—this will strengthen your team and weaken your competitors
- Get crystal clear on who's responsible for what, even if it involves uncomfortable conversations
- Recognize each team member's contribution in ways that matter to them