As you continue strengthening your leadership skills, remember that good leaders are those with innate skills and a passion to make a difference. For leaders, it's about impact, support and encouragement—not money, title or power. To care about other people is the greatest way to make a difference, and it is certainly the greatest way to make a difference in your workplace.
If you are looking to encourage your employees, enhance your company culture, or empower others to adopt a leadership mindset, be sure to take inspiration from this list of inspirational quotes for leadership at work.
Inspiring leadership quotes for your workplace
- "Great leaders don't set out to be a leader. They set out to make the difference. It is never about the role—always about the goal."—Lisa Haisha
- “Leadership is not about being in charge. Leadership is about taking care of those in your charge.”—Simon Sinek
- "Don't find a fault, find a remedy."—Henry Ford
- “Leadership is not about a title or a designation. It's about impact, influence and inspiration"—Robin S. Sharma
- "Leadership is the ability to get extraordinary achievement from ordinary people."—Brian Tracy
- "The greatest leaders recognize that they're here to serve, not to be served."—Ken Blanchard
- "You can do what I cannot do. I can do what you cannot do. Together we can do great things."—Mother Teresa
- "My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to make them better."—Steve Jobs
- "A true leader is one who is humble enough to admit their mistakes.”—John C. Maxwell
- "It's not about what it is. It's about what it can become."—Dr. Seuss
- "Remember the difference between a boss and a leader; a boss says "Go"—a leader says “Let's go!”—E.M. Kelly.
- "Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.”—Plato
- "People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.”—Michelle Obama
- "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”—John Quincy Adams
- “Integrity is the most valuable and respected quality of leadership. Always keep your word.”—Brian Tracy
- "People respond well to those that are sure of what they want.”—Anna Wintour
- “Great companies in the way of work, start with great leaders”— Steve Ballmer
- "Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower."—Steve Jobs
- “Leadership is not about the next election, it’s about the next generation.“—Simon Sinek
- "A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way."—John C. Maxwell
- “A leader is a dealer in hope.”— Napoleon Bonaparte
- “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.”—Ronald Reagan
- "Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other."—John F. Kennedy
- “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.”—Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”—Maya Angelou
Improve leadership skills at your company
The quotes listed above will help you motivate and inspire your team to become better versions of themselves and adopt a leadership mindset.
Give your team an example worth aspiring to, then hold them accountable to the standards you've set. This is the kind of culture that high performers are hungry for. For more hands-on assistance, reach out to me today to start improving your company culture!