Retaining employees is especially hard when your employees have seemingly endless options—job apps and other online recruiting efforts put new opportunities in front of your employees daily.
Young, mobile professionals are constantly looking for a better, more purposeful career move. But what does employee retention have to do with company culture?
The answer is simple: everything. Employees will not stay at a company with a poor or mediocre workplace culture—and if they do, chances are excellent they will disengage. To help you think bigger about your company culture and its implications on employee retention, check out these employee retention quotes.
Top 15 employee retention quotes
- "You don't build a business—you build people—and then people build the business. You cannot have a successful business without a lot of successful people helping to grow it." –Zig Ziglar
- "Employees don't quit jobs, they quit managers." –Steve Miranda
- "Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients." –Richard Branson
- "People work for money but go the extra mile for recognition, praise and rewards." –Dale Carnegie
- "Great managers fight for their people." –Liz Brenner
- "Start the retention process when the person is still open to staying and not after they've already told you they're leaving." –Unknown
- "It is the process of attracting, developing and retaining employees until they leave an organization that enhances its capacity to succeed in a competitive world." –John Muhaise Bikalemesa
- "Research indicates that workers have three prime needs: interesting work, recognition for doing a good job, and being let in on things that are going on in the company." –Zig Ziglar
- "Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to." –Richard Branson
- "Retention programs are much cheaper and much easier that replacement programs." –Unknown
- "Employee loyalty begins with employer loyalty. Your employees should know that if they do the job they were hired to do with a reasonable amount of competence and efficiency, you will support them." –Harvey Mackay
- "To win in the marketplace, you must first win in the workplace." –Doug Conant
- "Your number one customers are your people. Look after employees first and then customers last." –Ian Hutchinson
- "On what high-performing companies should be striving to create: A great place for great people to do great work." –Marilyn Carlson
- "Life is short...Work where you're continuously accepted, respected, appreciated, encouraged, inspired, empowered, and valued." –Ty Howard
Improve employee retention at your company
Interested in improving your employee retention rate—or simply creating a more engaging company culture? I invite you to reach out to me today. Together, we'll determine how I can best help you, your team and your company.